Savvy Staffing of Medford is looking for a experienced Bakery Assistants for multiple clients throughout the Greater Boston Area. Monday - Friday 1st shift, 2nd shift and 3rd shift (with flexibility) baking experience is a plus but not required. Candidates will be mixing, prepping, baking and following recipes as well as using ovens, and baking equipment supervise and coordinate the production of desserts, confections, ice creams and pastries.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Work along-side the team, and should be highly organized and level-headed
- Be an exceptional multi-tasker and work well under pressure
- Have the ability to follow and create and develop recipes
- Have a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the business.
- Properly rotate food products in order to keep spoilage and waste to a minimum.
- Ensure that all equipment in work area is properly cleaned.
- Knowledge of accepted sanitation standards.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by business environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Ability to physically handle knives, pots, mirrors, or other display items as well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen.
- Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height (banquet kitchen, prep kitchen, bake shop, etc.).
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Interested candidates can come to our office at 275 Mystic Ave, Suite B (above the Dunkin Donuts,) in Medford, MA to fill out an application and sit down for an interview.
We accept walk-ins Monday- Friday from 9:00am- 4:00pm. Please be sure to bring two forms of ID to verify eligibility to work in the US. Questions can call 781-874-0005