Fixed Diamond Wire Technician
Location : Worcester, MA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Shift and Compensation:
- 1st Shift & 2nd Shift
- Position requires commitment to work 2 weekends a month
- Entry $26.66
- Intermediate $27.76
- Advanced $29.45
Essential Jobs and Responsibilities:
- Set-up operation, monitoring, maintenance, recording and reporting of operations on the "Fixed Diamond Wire" process line
- Use solvents and solids to mix small batches of chemicals into formula
- In charge of multiple stages of the process line in order to achieve appropriate tension without breaking the wire
- Operate large scale, computer-controlled electroplating process equipment including setting up liquid containers, threading wires, perform manual measurement.
- Review quality control charts to ensure product is within specifications
- Making sure process runs smoothly using specific tools/materials on each step
- Continually monitor the operation of the equipment throughout the production run.
- Monitor solutions and adjust if necessary.
- Review orders of raw material as necessary and perform quality inspection on received material
Required Qualifications :
- Ability to follow clearly documented work orders
- Follow written recipe to create slurry mixture for wire coating
- Understanding measurements
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Communicate effectively with production personnel, management and engineering to advise of process information and quality results/concerns
- Must be able to read, understand and create complex process documentation.
- Have extensive computer knowledge (Power Point, Excel, Word)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, CAD/CAM systems and machine design and operation
- Thorough understanding of physical properties testing procedures (fire properties, fire densities)
- Be able to monitor multiple process steps at the same time.
- Be able to carry up to 50 pounds
- Have excellent close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in an engineering, technical or science related field
- Equivalent experience providing knowledge of chemical processing, data analysis and complex process set-up
- Minimum 4 years of experience operating large, complex equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment.
CAD/CAM Communications Computer Skills engineering English comprehension Measurements