Savvy Staffing Solutions is currently seeking a Forklift Operator in Northboro, MA.
Temp- Hire position 2nd shift position- 3:00pm- 11:30pm (40 hrs/wk)
Description: Mechanically load and unload materials from trucks, pallets or other transport vehicles (for example: railcars). Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations and company guidelines. Receive, store, move and pack outgoing materials, equipment, and other items from warehouse. Be able to manage the paperwork associated with this job description: pick tickets, delivery notes, transportation planners, etc. Perform additional duties as determined by the Operations Manager/Shift Supervisor.
Working Conditions: Warehouse and/or open outside storage yard environment involving lifting above the shoulder, walking, bending, standing, and carrying of product; heavy lifting required; exposure to all types of weather conditions (including seasonal temperature changes). The work schedule is determined by the needs of the business unit and may vary by location.
Very Heavy Work - In excess of 100 lbs.; frequently lift/carry 50 lbs
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform all functions necessary to unload, warehouse, pick and load material to and/or from trucks, pallets, or other transport vehicles in an efficient, accurate, safe and productive manner.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment and warehouse areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Complete daily Powered Industrial Truck inspection form
- May perform other assigned warehouse duties such as:
- Facility maintenance
- Warehouse inventory maintenance, stock rotation and relocation.
- Assist with customer pick-ups
- Be willing to work overtime as needed
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, rules, and guidelines.
- Comply with all elements of the Core Values and use the Quality System, including ISO procedures, corrective and preventative actions, the customer complaint policy, and best practices to achieve continuous process improvements and ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a professional, courteous, respectful, ethical manner with customers, clients, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Use good judgment and common sense.
Experience and Education Required:
- Read, Speak and Write English
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 – 2 years previous Forklift experience
- Computer skills