Location : Worcester, MA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
- 45K-55K depending on experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and distribute production schedules or work orders to departments
- Requisition and maintain inventories of material or supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
- Confer with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, or engineering.
- Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures.
- Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labor or materials, manufacturing costs, or wages, using pricing schedules, adding machines, calculators, or computers.
- Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, or customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Compile and prepare documentation related to production sequences, transportation, personnel schedules, or purchase, maintenance, or repair orders.
- Maintain files, such as maintenance records, bills of lading, or cost reports.
- Plan production commitments or timetables for business units, specific programs, or jobs, using sales forecasts.
- Contact suppliers to verify shipment details.
- Review documents, such as production schedules or work orders, to determine personnel or material requirements or material priorities
Required Qualifications :
- Proficient to advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Access and Excel
- Great mathematical skills
- Good leadership skills
- Understand production sequences
- Be able to coordinate transportation, personnel schedules, among others.
- Above average communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
Education and Experience:
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a production planning/materials control function or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Candidate should reside within one hour driving distance from Worcester, MA
Computer Skills Documents Inventory Math Skills Microsoft Applications; Apple Pages and Keynote Production Quality Control Shipping Supervisor Windows 7,8,10