Location : Northbridge, MA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Shifts and Compensation:
- 1st Shift - Full time position
- $12 /hr
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform routine operations
- Operate shearing machine
- Produce wire mesh panels
- Meet customer orders.
- Check panels to assure they meet customer specifications, and visually inspect wire for quality problems.
- Work from job order to determine proper amount of panel trimming necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Visually inspect panels for quality
- Use measuring devices to measure for proper panel cutting and finished panels.
- Use a variety of hand tools in adjusting equipment for different types of wire mesh.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move material as necessary in the performance of duties or as directed.
- Detect and report improper operation of faulty equipment and finished wire products and unusual conditions.
- Maintain work area & equipment in clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations along with maintaining quality standards.
Required Qualifications :
- Ability to communicate with others.
- Have a mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to read and use micrometer and measuring tape.
- Must be able to use various hand and power tools.
- Standing most of shift.
- Position wire mesh rolls (500 lbs+ with aid of overhead crane) on rollers, on/off pallets
- Ability to stack, palletize and band panels of wire mesh onto pallet.
Education and Experience:
- Preferred Experience
Assembly Cleaning Customer Service Cutting Operation Heavy Assembly Heavy Lifting Inspecting inspector Machine Operator Math Skills Order Processing Quality Control Safety Procedure Shear Operator Wire Handling