Tool Crib Attendant
Location : Northbridge, MA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Shifts and Compensation:
- 1st Shift- Full time position
- $15-$16 depending on experience
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Responsible for all areas of Maintenance Inventory.
- Must keep accurate records and maintain constant awareness of parts inventory levels.
- Issue and receive inventory items and receive parts and supplies ordered.
- Enter data into CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) and support various levels of maintenance organization.
- Receiving, stocking, selecting and dispensing a variety of supplies and tools
- Maintain accurate records relative to purchases, inventory, and work orders in CMMS and SAP
- Works with planner scheduler to order materials/parts required for maintenance work orders
- Kits parts for planned maintenance and project work orders
- Follows up with purchasing and suppliers to ensure order processing is progressing and on any late deliveries to minimize impact on business. Communicates issues and manages same with maintenance and operations team.
- Perform stock keeping and transactional duties in storeroom serving a number of work groups
- Responsible for all maintenance purchase requisitioning.
- Work with facilities to optimize processes and reduce purchasing cycle times such as barcoding of transactions
- Will be required to do physical inventory counts, cycle counts adjustments
- Inspects tools and equipment for wear or defects
- Displays sound judgment based on experience to plan and accomplish goals
- Maintains housekeeping standards in regular work areas and storage areas and follows company health, safety and environmental policies/procedures.
- Recognizes and reports personal injury and potential hazards and shares ownership of their elimination.
- Manages first aid box supplies
Required Qualifications :
- Must be able to work around moving machinery.
- Able to work in an environment with dust exposure, hot work areas in summer and cold work areas in the winters.
- Must be able to wear required PPE.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have problem-solving, job planning and organizing skills and abilities.
- Must be able to build collaborative relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must meet the physical requirements including, but not limited to lifting, walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs
- Must have basic computer skills are necessary in the position
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with SAP and/or IMAINT systems preferred
- Familiar with bar-coding/scanning equipment in a CMMS environment preferred
- Experience with computerized inventory control software or CMMS is required
- Basic familiarity with the tools and mechanical/electrical components is necessary for the position.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervisory oversight, attentive to detail, and be highly organized
- Must be willing to work overtime as required
- Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree or higher in a technical field is preferred
- 5 or more years of related experience
- English fluency
Communication Computer Skills Computers Customer Service Cycle Counts English comprehension Heavy Lifting Inventory Maintenance Manufacturing Material Handler Math Skills Order Processing record keeping Safety Procedure stocking