Extruder Operator Day Shift!
POSITION SUMMARY: Tends extrusion machines in a continuous production/processing operation of wire and cable products. Follows production/process specifications as directed and adheres to established procedures and safety guidelines to meet daily goals and objectives.
· Reads Shop Order and Manufacturing Specification to determine machine set-up, materials required, and quantity to run.
· Verifies raw materials delivered, to the Manufacturing Specification.
· Sets temperature profile on extruder appropriate for material to be run.
· Selects tip and die and installs into crosshead positioning to achieve concentricity.
· Strings up line, adjusting air pressure on dancers to control proper tension on wire.
· Adjusts extruder ratio and capstan ratio to achieve proper dimensions.
· Sets sparker to correct voltage.
· Puts capstan and take-up in proper gear ratio to run efficiently.
· Sets up ink jet printers when required. Inputting and checking print legends.
· Tests tensile and elongation and makes necessary adjustments to wire pre-heat or quench water temperature.
· Inspects start-up sample for conformance to specification and makes any necessary adjustments.
· Inspects each subsequent reel produced for dimensional conformance.
· Adjusts traverse settings on take-up to ensure a smooth package.
· Attaches production tag to conforming material.
· Attaches stop tag to non-conforming material.
· Records all completed work on Tally sheets and on Daily Machine Report.
· Performs all other responsibilities as assigned.
Adequate verbal and written communication skills.
· Basic math skills.
· Must be able to operate machinery in compliance with safety standards.
. Knowledge of Forklift Operation.