2nd shift Machine Operators needed!!
Savvy Staffing Solutions in Leominster is seeking experienced machine operators to join our team. Our client company located in Devens, MA has immediate openings on 2nd shift.
Monday to Friday, overtime on Saturdays when available
2nd shift is full-time 2:30 pm-11:00 pm
Machine Operators ensure that production machines are set up and operating according to established company standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Operate all assigned equipment safely and efficiently. Responsible for startup, operation, change over, shut down, and preventative maintenance of designed production equipment.
- Position assignment may include, but not limited to, operating production line equipment, forklifts or other power equipment. Change over production equipment from one can size to another.
- Perform manual tasks as assigned. Assignment may include, but not limited to, loading cap hoppers, supplying other production line items, reworking product as necessary, loading conveyors with bottles, crates, and/or coolers.
- Adheres to all company policies, standards and procedures (e.g. OSHA and safety requirements, EPIC standards); wears all required personal protective equipment.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor verbally regarding the status of work activities (e.g. any issues with equipment, product quality and production process) and other information; communicates with supervisor regarding questions or issues with daily assignments.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area (e.g. cleans up any product and/or container spills; disposes of trash and recycling materials into proper containers).
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as needed to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum of one year work experience in Manufacturing, Production, Warehouse is preferred.
- Previous sanitation experience in a food/beverage or related environment is highly desirable.
- Fork Lift experience and/or certification a plus (not necessary).