3rd Machine Operator**
Location : Whitinsville,MA
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
- Read and Write in English fluently (Computer displays and computer generated documents must be read rapidly in fine detail, and are only available in English.
- Operate an edging machine and apply edging details to glass panels per work order instructions.
- Reliable transportation that enables consistent reporting to work on time and the ability to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- Memory skills to retain place in process flow e.g. a job may call out 4 pieces of glass, operator must be able to know they are working on panel # 3 of 4 pieces and match the size of panel # 3 to the drawing and spec sheet for panel # 3.
- Attention to detail. Ability to look for fine imperfections in glass panels and flag them for quality failure.
Required Qualifications :
- Can lift to 75 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Can rotate glass panels to feed machinery
- Strong spatial awareness to avoid contact between unfinished glass edges and unprotected skin.
- Minimum of 6 months of machine operator experience in a manufacturing setting
- Can use various measuring tools such as calipers, rulers, micrometers etc.
Submit your resume for consideration or apply in person at our Worcester office located at 45 Linden St. Applications are accepted 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. For more information, please call 508-799-7171 to speak with a recruiter about this position.