Shift and Compensation:
- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Salary: 50K to 63K
The Purchasing Agent is part of the Finance and Production teams. You are responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with vendors on behalf of the company by taking complete responsibility for each vendor agreement, sourcing cost reductions on purchased goods, and supply management for multiple plants. You are also responsible for timely and complete availability of materials, and for communicating back-orders and lead times to the appropriate parties.
As the Purchasing Agent, you serve as the primary internal representative for our organization to our vendors; accordingly, this position requires tact, sensitivity, professionalism, and considerable attention to detail.
- Facilitate the procurement of raw materials, components, tooling, equipment, and purchased services.
- Prepares purchase orders; verifying specifications and price.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery, and cost savings.
- Negotiate contract terms.
- Exercise authority as delegated by Management.
- Work with suppliers to ensure all open purchase orders are delivered as ordered and on time.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Regularly and systematically verify delivery of components as ordered, inspect quality and cycle count to confirm vendor compliance to company requirements.
- Provides purchasing, planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Monitor and maintain stock inventory levels based on need and changes in customer demands.
- Understands, enforces, and abides by the policies and guidelines regarding the ethical conduct of purchasing activities.
- Research sourcing options for new or existing materials.
- Develop & implement purchasing instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Take responsibility for defective or unacceptable purchased goods or services; investigate with Quality personnel, Production, and vendors to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Must be a strong company advocate and possess the ability to influence, motivate and work across all levels both within and outside the organization.
- Must have significant experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of five years of purchasing experience preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions.
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Must be able to effectively work independently and as part of a team.
- Technical Systems:
- SAGE or similar ERP environment
- Microsoft Office
- Multi-line telecommunications system
- MRP System
- Working Conditions:
- Standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time - up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Appearance at all times must represent the company image.
- Rare lifting of up to 40 lbs.
- Work area may have fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
- Moderate to loud noise level in certain areas of the facility.
- Fast-paced environment: subject to numerous priority changes and short-notice activity.
- Additional Duties: This job description is not all-inclusive, and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
- Some travel may be necessary.
- Skills: Supply Management, Affinity for Math, Tracking Budget Expenses, Vendor Relationships, Organization, Customer Service, Documentation Skills, Comfortable with Automation.