Savvy Staffing is seeking an experienced Programmer.This is a full time, temp to hire position offering full benefits as a permanent employee.
CMM PROGRAMMER/MECHANICAL INSPECTOR
The CMM Programmer/Mechanical Inspector performs in-coming, in-process, and finished product inspection. Uses and programs the Coordinate Measurement Machine with CAMIO 8.2 and 8.6 software. Assists in the coordination of the rubber compound manufacturing department’s operations and responsibilities.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Use and program, with CAMIO 8.2 AND 8.6 software, an LK Metris Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM).
- Use Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GDT) drawing requirements.
- Import Solid Models from the engineering design Drafting Group (CREO) to feed CMM program coordinates.
- Perform inspection of in-coming, in-process, and finished product inspection for conformance to quality standards.
- Accurately document inspection, corrective actions taken, process, and other items as required.
- Provide quality leadership, audits, inspections, problem identification and resolution, training, consultation, and technical expertise to manufacturing groups and suppliers.
- Lead and act collaboratively in gathering data, resolving issues, and improving processes.
- Read and work from written instructions; read and interpret blueprints.
- Use both basic and advanced mechanical inspection tools.
- Use technical math to interpret and to analyze complicated drawings, specifications, charts, and tables.
· Designated supplier Quality Representative responsibilities.
- Exhibit a high degree of responsibility with an emphasis on safety.
- Work effectively either independently or cooperatively as a team-member with co-workers.
- Strong computer skills to enter and to retrieve data in the Quality System; Oracle knowledge is a plus.
- Electronically document information in order to better process issues.
- Proven knowledge of AS9102 First Article Inspection Processes, PAPPS, ISO/TS/AS requirements.
- Follow directions from and communicate with supervisors, technicians, and co-workers, and with persons from outside of the organization in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of basic and advanced mechanical inspection tools.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GDT).
- The ability to comprehend and to train to the standards of such documents as: work instructions, safety rules, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in the English language.