Savvy Staffing Solutions is seeking a CNC Operator for our client company located in Worcester, MA. This is a temp to hire contract, with full benefits offered at time of conversion to a permanent employee.
Position: CNC Router
Summary: Responsible for managing computer numeric controlled (CNC) equipment from setup to operation, producing parts and tools from different resources, including metal and plastic. Monitoring machinery, inspect finished products, and leading test runs.
- Measuring finished pieces to ensure they meet design specifications.
- Removing and replacing dull cutter heads as necessary.
- Adjusting or installing new attachments and fixtures as necessary.
- Moving workpieces onto the cutting plane manually or with the use of hoists.
- Programming a router’s computer with new design profiles as required.
- Calculating and adjusting a router’s cutting speed according to design needs.
- Work with CNC programmers to diagnose and eliminate defective parts and machine downtime.
- Special projects as requested.
Skills and Experience:
- Mechanical knowledge of how a CNC router operates and its maintenance needs.
- Mathematical knowledge, including knowledge of statistics, algebra, geometry, calculus, and arithmetic.
- Production/processing knowledge, including knowledge of raw materials, cost control, quality control, and production processes.
- Computer knowledge regarding CNC router computers.
Requires one year(s) of general routing / NC machine experience and familiarity with NC operational procedures and a working knowledge of GDT
Machine shop experience preferred.
Microsoft Office, knowledge, or experience with Syteline ERP system a plus.