Credit & Accounting Specialist*
Savvy Staffing Solutions is seeking an experienced Credit & Accounting Specialist for our client company located in Hopkinton, MA. This is a full time, temp to hire position offering full benefits to permanent employees when hired on.
The Credit and Accounting Specialist is responsible for total account management of an assigned portfolio of accounts in our manufacturing company. Primary focus of this position is in Accounts Receivable /Credit but will also include project work. In this role, good judgment must be used in the analysis of facts and circumstances surrounding individual problems and transactions to ensure the
accurate processing of accounts receivable transactions. Special projects will be assigned and worked on independently or in conjunction with others in the department. A professional demeanor and the ability to work with confidential data are required.
- Collect invoices, research customer debits and short payments to invoices, issuing credit or requesting pay back as appropriate.
- Interface with customers to resolve issues or provide information
- Monitor credit hold report for outgoing shipments.
- Request customer trade references as required and perform credit limit review for new customers
- Send proforma invoices for customers where payment in advance of shipment is required
- Send daily invoices to customers via mail, fax or email.
- Post incoming cash to appropriate customer accounts.
- Prepare administrative credits and re bills
- Prepare and email OR3 report for inter company product and service sales
- Prepare pack slips for pickup by documents scanning provider. Forward Excel file to the documents scanning provider contact for indexing of the scanned paperwork.
- Prepare and enter journal entries
- Work on various analytical projects independently or in conjunction with another member of the team.
- Prioritize workload to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Other duties as assigned
- Two plus years related accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, utilizing a computer based system.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, problem solve, process accurately, and follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Must be flexible and possess a good attitude
- Detailed Oriented
- Must be self motivated and take initiative
- Ability to work with confidential data
- Ability to problem solve in a team environment
- Must be familiar with Excel