Design/ Model Tech
The requirements listed below are representative of the essential duties required:
- Fabricates acrylic and polycarbonate helmet visors and sunshade products per customer requirements and specifications.
- Requires cutting, hot forming, soldering, operation of a plotter, cementing, hand finishing and finish polishing to convert raw materials to a finished product.
- Utilizes various tools and machinery to fabricate products.
- Maintains supporting documentation and record keeping for these products.
- Supports training of new technicians when needed.
- Complies with applicable safety standards and regulations.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness of work area.
- Other duties as assigned by the Design and Model Supervisor.
Must be COVID vaccinated and be able to pass background check and drug test.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read blueprints and follow written work procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Position requires basic data input into company software systems such as email or customer service database.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum high school or vocational school degree.
- Minimum 2 years of related hands-on experience with plastics.
- Specialized training or certification required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Periods of standing and walking through the factory.
- Periods of sitting at a worktable and/or working on a computer.
- Occasional physical exertion including the lifting of objects exceeding 20 pounds.
- Manual dexterity is necessary.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Considerable mental concentration to effectively execute complex tasks.
- Work occasionally requires visual effort for extended periods of time.
- Visual acuity to work safely with materials and machinery.
Work Environment and Hazards
- Some areas of the building are not climate controlled.
- Safety concerns with potentially dangerous equipment and machinery.
- Some exposure to heat, dust, or other factors of minor inconvenience.
- Some exposure to hazards that might cause minor injury.
- Work with hazardous chemicals.