Savvy Staffing Solutions has openings in South Grafton, MA for experienced Extruder Operators. This is a 1st shift position 7a-7p Mon-Thurs
Job Overview: Producing top quality insulated wire to required specifications by setting up and operating machines that extrude plastics onto various sizes of wire. Operate extrusion machinery efficiently and safely including set-up, start-up and effective use of extruder line equipment, including auxiliary equipment, tooling changes, monitoring and testing, and production reporting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Set up and operate equipment for wire and cable extrusion
- Operate line to produce product which meets required specifications
- Monitor equipment to ensure in-process quality control
- Oversee packaging procedures of finished product
- Schedule machine time
- Maximize run time of extrusion line
- Calculate usages and retrieve raw material
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of Extrusion or Manufacturing experience
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Experience applying data and situational analysis to make sound judgment on operational procedures
- Excellent problem solving, machine set-up, and quality control skills
- Ability to see small defects and differentiate colors during in-process quality control procedures
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
Interested in this position? Click on the "apply now" button and complete an online application. A recruiter will contact you shortly after for a phone interview.