**Facilities Maintenance Technician**
Savvy Staffing is currently hiring a Facilities Technician for our client located in Boston
This position includes both building and grounds maintenance, cleaning, and security for a 117k sq ft LEED Silver Certified,energy efficient building.
In this position, you would work with vendors and contractors, as well as internal staff, to maintain the building/grounds including warehouse, coolers, freezer, stairwells, office, conference rooms, and in public areas. There will be cross training with the Support Technician and the Director of Building Facilities, to provided support and/or coverage during absences. The responsibility also includes emergency response to address any electrical, mechanical and/or maintenance and alarm issues as needed.
- Grease and maintain machinery and equipment
- Belt and filter replacement
- HVAC and electrical systems maintenance
- Coordinate vendor support, contractors, and and suppliers in accordance with SOPs
- Outdoor maintenance and landscaping (grass/weed cutting, snow removal, spreading of ice melt, etc.) as needed.
- Identify and respond to calls using Salesforce
- Other small projects, including but not limited to painting, change batteries, fix toilets, light bulbs etc. as needed.
- Emergency response on short notice to oversee maintenance and security for entire building and surrounding parking lots
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm plus overtime as needed.
The pay rate for this position is $26/hr
- 5 to 7 years of facility maintenance experience in a HVAC mechanical role
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing skills, including hand and power tool usage
- Previous experience in facilities maintenance strongly preferred
- Computer skills including Word and Excel, send/receive emails (Salesforce a plus)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Strong customer service skills
- MUST be flexible to work “on call” when needed (including nights, weekends and holidays)
- HVACR license a plus
***All candidates MUST be able to pass an extensive criminal background check and drug test in order to be considered for this position***
Submit your resume for consideration or apply in person at our Medford office located at 275 Mystic Avenue. Applications are accepted 9:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday. For more information, please call 781-874-0005 to speak with a recruiter about this position.