Facilities Technician !!!
Savvy Staffing is currently hiring a Facilities Technician for our client located in Boston
This position includes both building and grounds maintenance, cleaning, and security for a 117k sq ft LEED Silver Certified,energy efficient building.
In this position, you would work with vendors and contractors, as well as internal staff, to maintain the building/grounds including warehouse, coolers, freezer, stairwells, office, conference rooms, and in public areas. There will be cross training with the Support Technician and the Director of Building Facilities, to provided support and/or coverage during absences. The responsibility also includes emergency response to address any electrical, mechanical and/or maintenance and alarm issues as needed.
- Grease and maintain machinery and equipment
- Belt and filter replacement
- HVAC and electrical systems maintenance
- Coordinate vendor support, contractors, and and suppliers in accordance with SOPs
- Outdoor maintenance and landscaping (grass/weed cutting, snow removal, spreading of ice melt, etc.) as needed.
- Identify and respond to calls using Salesforce
- Other small projects, including but not limited to painting, change batteries, fix toilets, light bulbs etc. as needed.
- Emergency response on short notice to oversee maintenance and security for entire building and surrounding parking lots
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm plus overtime as needed.
The pay rate for this position is $25/hr
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel and able to send and receive emails (Salesforce a plus).
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Strong HVAC mechanical background in a building and/or warehouse environment (Familiar with HVAC controls, Trane HVAC units, Reznor HV units and R507 refrigeration equipment a plus).
- Strategic thinking regarding building maintenance with a keen ability to multi-task in a safe manner.
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing skills (HVACR licensed a plus).
- Industrial cleaning and sanitation skills a plus.
- Customer Service skills
- Skilled in the safe use of power tools.
Submit your resume for consideration or apply in person at our Medford office located at 275 Mystic Avenue. Applications are accepted 9:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday. For more information, please call 781-874-0005 to speak with a recruiter about this position.