Savvy Staffing is currently hiring Extruder Operators in Putnam, CT.
- 1st 6am- 2:30pm
- 2nd 2pm- 10:30pm
- 3rd 10pm- 6:30am
To operate extruder machine in a team environment while consistently being efficient, clean, safe and maintaining our high quality standard.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Determines production requirements by reading and implementing general and special instructions on each sales order.
- Reviews and applies the manufacturing bill of materials to each sales order.
- Responsible for the raw materials preparation including any related drying, pre-blending, or staging requirements by looking and planning ahead.
- Responsible for machine and equipment preparation by looking and planning ahead.
- Ensures that all equipment including those upstream and downstream is thoroughly cleaned in accordance with our work instructions and/or other special instructions that may be indicated on the production schedule.
- Sets extruder operating parameters according to the manufacturing master reference set-up sheet.
- Prepares production run sheet records.
- Throughout the production run, ensures that operating parameters are tuned to establish maximum extruder performance and quality.
- Maintains a clean working environment by consistently removing manufacturing debris from the floor, machine surfaces, and by cleaning work surface areas to prevent the build up of manufacturing residue.
- Takes immediate action to prevent and correct unsafe operating conditions and/or injury.
- Operates as a team player to assist all company employees in meeting or exceeding customer expectations and minimize interpersonal conflicts.
- Complies with all safety regulations and applies good judgment in safely performing all tasks.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent or 1-3 months related experience or training or an equivalent combination of education/training/experience.
Why Work at This Company?
- Clean work environment
- Overtime is voluntary
- Team environment
- Great benefits when hired on perm
- Team building exercises
- Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operational instructions, procedure manuals, and SDS sheets.
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities satisfactorily.