Hiring Production Utility Workers!
Savvy Staffing is hiring 3rd shift Production Utility workers in Putnam, CT.
To operate in a team environment while consistently being efficient, clean, safe, and maintaining high quality standard.
10:00pm 6:30am Monday- Friday
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that all equipment including those upstream and downstream is thoroughly cleaned in accordance with our work instructions and/or other special instructions that may be indicated on the production schedule.
- Maintains a clean working environment by consistently removing manufacturing debris from the floor, machine surfaces, and by cleaning work surface areas to prevent the build-up of manufacturing residue.
- Determines production requirements by reading and implementing general and special instructions on each sales order.
- Checks and ensures the raw materials are available to operators for preparation including any related drying requirements.
- Operation of the “Zamboni” Floor Cleaning Machine-floor washing and buffing as necessary.
- Takes immediate action to prevent and correct unsafe operating conditions and/or injury.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent or 1-3 months related experience or training or an equivalent combination of education/training/experience.
Why Work at This Company?
- Clean work environment
- Great benefits when hired on perm
- Reviews every 30 days
- Team building workshops
- Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operational instructions, procedure manuals, and SDS sheets.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities satisfactorily.