Hiring Shipping Clerks!
Savvy Staffing is hiring a 1st shift Shipping Clerk in Putnam, CT.
Monday- Friday 6am- 4pm
Primary Function: To verify and maintain the records for incoming and outgoing shipments as well as performing the daily duties that are needed in the warehouse.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepares all documentation pertaining to incoming shipments (receiving report, receiving log, and labeling).
- Prepares all documentation pertaining to out going shipments (invoicing, bill of lading, shipping log, overseas documents, and schedule pickups).
- Reviews the manufacturing Bill of Materials (to determine required materials) for each sales order that is scheduled on the production board and has materials staged for use.
- Ensures that the inventory on hand is as accurate as possible by performing a physical inventory on a regular basis (monthly, quarterly, and bi-annually).
- Maintains the inventory for all shipping supplies.
- Maintains a clean work area by consistently removing debris from the floor and all surface areas.
- Must maintain product identification at all time.
- Performs a daily safety inspection of both fork trucks and maintains the inspection log.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all safety regulations and applies good judgment in safely performing all tasks.
- Complies with all related company ISO requirements.
- Communicates with manager all appropriate concerns related to working conditions, safety, injuries, and interpersonal conflicts.
- Other duties may be requested and/or assigned by company management.
Why Work for This Company:
- Clean work environment
- Team building workshops
- Great benefits when hired on perm
- High school diploma or equivalent or 1-3 months related experience or training or an equivalent combination of education/training/experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operational instructions, procedure manuals, and MSDS sheets.
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities satisfactorily.