Hiring Warehouse Supervisors!
Savvy Staffing is currently hiring Warehouse Supervisors in Northboro, MA.
• Full time- 2nd and 3rd shift available
• Competitive Compensation
• Outstanding healthcare benefits, 401K with employer match, paid time off & paid holidays
• As a company Shift Supervisor, you will help support growth from the warehouse in Northboro, MA.
Warehouse and/or open outside storage yard environment involving walking, bending and standing, exposure to all types of weather conditions (including seasonal temperature changes).
- 2nd Shift 3pm- 11:30pm Monday- Friday
- 3rd Shift 9pm- 5:30am Sunday-Thursday
Plan, direct or coordinate all operational activities of the assigned warehouse shift. Duties included are: managing the shift operation, planning the use of material and human resources, enforcing company policies and procedures, inventory control, etc. Provide leadership and guidance by managing to the level of business, conducting the shift huddle, coaching and disciplining employees as well as conducting yearly performance evaluations. Perform additional duties as determined by the Business Unit Manager
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct and supervise all day-to-day activities on the warehouse facility during assigned shift, including building loads, loading and unloading trucks, picking orders, servicing customer pick-ups, proper receiving and storage of incoming material, processing paperwork, and inventory control
- Assist General Manager with the management of operations, including supervision of staff, identifying business opportunities and risks, controlling the budget, and managing inventory.
- In the absence of the Business Unit Manager performs the duties necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the business unit
- Manage warehouse employees on assigned shift, which includes participating in the hiring process, scheduling, training, coaching, conducting appraisals, disciplining, and terminating. Provide leadership and guidance by establishing effective goals, communicating company policy, and providing necessary instruction and feedback.
- Insure compliance by warehouse personnel with all safety policies, procedures, rules and guidelines
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, rules and guidelines.
- Comply with all elements of the Core Values and use the Quality System, including ISO procedures, corrective and preventative actions, the customer complaint policy, and best practices to achieve continuous process improvements and ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a professional, courteous, respectful, ethical manner with customers, clients, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Use good judgment and common sense.
- Ability to be a certified powered industrial truck operator
- Ability to be a certified powered industrial truck trainer
Experience and Education Required:
- Read and Write English
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 - 4 year’s previous experience in warehousing or building materials distribution