Location : Spencer, MA
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Savvy Staffing is seeking a Janitor in Spencer, MA.
This role is responsible for the overall presentation of the plants and offices and for ensuring that the appearance of the facility acceptable. The work hours are Monday – Friday 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Cleaning and sanitizing floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming
- General cleaning, dusting, and vacuuming (cleaning spills, unexpected messes, etc.)
- Follow procedures/specifications for the use of cleaners and power equipment, to prevent damage to floors or fixtures.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms
- Trash removal from offices and plants
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees
- Move furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks
- Identify and report possible repairs
- Complete minor facility repairs
- Manage inventory of cleaning and maintenance items
- Maintain janitor office and closets in a clean, organized and safe manner
- Notify manager concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building
- Other routine maintenance duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
- Attention to detail
- Reliable and dependable to work independently
- May require lifting up to 30 lbs
- Will require standing and walking throughout entire shift and travel on foot between buildings in various weather conditions
- Able to work with cleaning solutions