Laser Operator and Programmer!
Summary: Responsible for calibrating equipment and fabricating parts by operating and maintaining CNC laser equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Operate, set up and maintain CNC laser equipment.
• Set up in a fast and accurate manner and safely operate CNC Laser equipment.
• Use power and hand tools safely as the job requires.
• Refer to drawings, blue prints, and sketches as required to perform fabrication tasks.
• Perform first article inspection and verification with tools such as micrometers and calipers.
• Maintain accurate material usage records.
• Perform preventative maintenance, calibrate and operate CNC Laser equipment.
• Monitor the laser machine while preparing the next job to run.
• Ability to read blueprints
• Ability to solve geometry and trigonometry calculations
• Knowledge of basic layout skills.
• Strong knowledge of preventive maintenance on CNC.
• Ability to perform first article inspection and verification.
• Ability to modify machine parameters as needed.
• Strong working knowledge of fabrication procedures.
• Ability to interact with all individuals at all organizational levels.
• Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner and to safely perform essential job tasks.
• Ability to perform tasks in an efficient and productive manner to meet customer project schedules.
• Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when working on jobs.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment.
• Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day.
• Ability to lift product, equipment and tools up to 50 pounds throughout the day; push or pull product up to 200 pounds on an infrequent basis; use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of time.
Experience: One or more years of fabrication experience with CNC equipment, preferably with lasers. Related experience considered at the discretion of management.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please come in to meet with us Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm, be ready to present 2 forms of ID. We are located at 45 Linden St, Worcester MA, 01609
Or submit your resume and recruiter will reach out to you!