Savvy Staffing is seeking experienced machine operators to join our team. Our client company located in Ayer, MA has immediate openings on 1st and 2nd shift.
1st shift is part-time 6a-11a
2nd shift is full-time 2:30p-11p
Summary- Machine Operators serve our internal and external customers by ensuring that production machines are set up and operated according to established company standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Operate all assigned equipment safely and efficiently. Responsible for startup, operation, change over, shut down, and preventative maintenance of designed production equipment.
- Position assignment may include, but not limited to, operating production line equipment, forklifts or other power equipment. Change over production equipment from one can size to another.
- Perform manual tasks as assigned. Assignment may include, but not limited to, loading cap hoppers, supplying other production line items, reworking product as necessary, loading conveyors with bottles, crates, and/or coolers.
- Adheres to all company policies, standards and procedures (e.g. OSHA and safety requirements, EPIC standards); wears all required personal protective equipment.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor verbally regarding the status of work activities (e.g. any issues with equipment, product quality and production process) and other information; communicates with supervisor regarding questions or issues with daily assignments.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area (e.g. cleans up any product and/or container spills; disposes of trash and recycling materials into proper containers).
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as needed to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum of one year work experience in an industrial, utility, construction, or maintenance service environment preferred. Previous sanitation experience in a food/beverage or related environment is highly desirable.
- Fork Lift experience and/or certification a plus.
Physical demands and abilities
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season