Will be responsible for setting up and operate Acme Screw Machines. Make adjustments to machines to produce quality parts: blueprint reading and micrometer reading.
These machines are used to produce custom parts from stock metal or other materials. Screw machine operators ensure the machine is properly set up to perform the various operations needed to produce these parts. Operators read blueprints and determine exactly what screw machine settings are needed to create an actual working part from the plans. The operator chooses cutting speeds, the depth of cuts, how fast the machine should run and which cutting tools should be used for each operation. Operators base their decisions on experience, knowledge about the materials and basic mathematics principles.
· Operators install and adjust cams, gears, and stops to the screw machine and verify the positioning of cutting tools by using gauges or other instruments.
· Operators are responsible for turning the machine on and off according to safety protocols.
· Responsible for running, stocking and loading the machine, maintaining proper oil and cutting fluid levels and keeping the machine clean of chip build-up.
· During an operation, operators carefully monitor the screw machine, making changes to speed, feed rates, or tool position to ensure accurate reproduction of the plans.
· Screw machine operators verify parts meets specifications of the blueprints by using a variety of tools, such as calipers and micrometers.
· Operators are responsible for labeling finished products and keeping track of materials used during production; required to submit records regarding productivity and operation quality.
· Screw machine operators perform regular maintenance or repair on the screw machine, such as replacing work parts or using other machines to sharpen tools.
· Some jobs require screw machine operators to have experience with a particular brand of screw machine.
· Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
· Enter inspection data into control plan via excel spreadsheet.
· Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong Math Skills.
- Ability to read and interpret shop prints.
- Ability to perform a basic inspection with calipers, micrometers, gauge pins, and optical comparator.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Critical Thinking.
- Active Listening.
- Complex Problem-Solving.
- Clear Communicator
- Time Management
· Five plus years of Acme setup and machining experience required.
· Candidate must be able to lift up to 50 lbs as needed.
· Must be safety-minded, know how to read a blueprint, and have good math and measuring skills.
· Must wear the required personal protective equipment.
· Must have experience with the set-up and operation of screw machines
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs as needed
To Apply: Please stop into our office located at 45 Linden St, Worcester, MA 01609
Walk-ins are welcome Monday-Friday between 8:30a-4p
Please bring with you 2 forms of ID, copies are not allowed