Savvy Staffing Solution is seeking an experience Machine Set-Up Operator for our client based out of Worcester, MA.
1st shift Monday-Friday 7a-3:30p
Pay based on experience $18+
Position: Assembly Machine Set Up
- Responsible for the setup and operation of assembly machines. Ensure the machine is set up to produce parts in compliance with blueprint and control plan requirements. Following set up, responsible for ongoing conforming production throughout the entire run from the first piece to the last piece.
- Essential Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate production machines.
- Maintain rates in production.
- Read/interpret blueprints and diagrams to select, indicate, and secure proper tooling/components.
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to a quality specification, and in a timely fashion.
- Perform necessary inspection with Calipers, Micrometers, gage pins, and Drop Indicators
- Identify nonconformity and stop the machine when nonconformance is found
- Stop the machine and make adjustments as required to keep production running
- Have an understanding of shop math
- Ability to read and interpret setup sheets and prints
- Communicate with operators and management
- Must be able to clear a criminal background check
- Trade school or post-graduate training in machining or related discipline desirable.
- Experience: 3+ years of progressive setups and complexities
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, familiarity with Solidworks or similar software, knowledge, or experience with Syteline ERP system a plus.
- Other Requirements: Expertise in Quality and ISO requirements and procedures.
- Communicate effectively in English, ESL, OK.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
- Position spends 80% of the time on feet, either walking, lifting, pulling, and pushing
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.