Location : Hopkinton, MA
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Savvy Staffing Solutions is seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic for our client company located in Hopkinton, MA. This is a full time, temp to hire position offering full health, vision, dental, 401K, and life insurance benefits when hired on permanent.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for installation, trouble shooting and repair of production and facility equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To follow the company safety policies and perform work while maintaining NEC (National Electrical Code), NFPA (National Fire Protection Association), OSHA compliance and including any other regulatory compliance.
- As a vital member of our maintenance team you will be required to install, trouble shoot and repair complex manufacturing and facility equipment including but not limited to rubber molding machinery, metal forming, assembly and test equipment.
- Working from maintenance schedules, use detailed drawings, schematics, specifications, verbal and written instruction.
- Locate and diagnose equipment failures ensuring timely corrective action.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on on-line manufacturing equipment.
- Knowledge of pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Strong mechanical knowledge and ability to include lubrication, power train and bearing maintenance, motor and gearbox replacement.
- Able to read and interpret electrical diagrams and ladder logic.
- Performs mechanical preventive maintenance as required.
- Assists in the assembly and dismantling of production machinery.
- Assists with contractors as needed with the repair of equipment
- Maintains accurate record of completed assignments.
- Able to complete work reports in Computerized Maintenance Management Software
- Keeps management informed of machinery and facility problems.
Required Qualifications :
- Your experience must include a strong background in hydraulics, electrical, pneumatics, metal fab, welding and controls, with hands-on experience in all phases of industrial plant maintenance.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working as a maintenance mechanic in a production plant with molding equipment.
- Fabrication , welding experience and strong mechanical maintenance skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self motivated and energetic
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements of the position.
- Must be able to clear a criminal background check
- Must be able to clear a urine drug test