Savvy Staffing Solutions is hiring Facility Maintenance Workers! Our partners located in Pawtucket, RI and North Providence, RI is in need of a Facility Maintenance Worker for each site. These are temp to hire opportunities Monday-Friday 8a-4:30p
You will be part of a team responsible for the overall maintenance of the site through monitoring and performing maintenance including, but not limited to, electrical work, plumbing and general building maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform electrical repairs, to light fixtures, appliances, switches, thermostats, motors, etc.
2. Perform plumbing repairs such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, toilets, soldering pipes, etc.
3. Participate in “on call” schedule for evenings, weekends, and holiday coverage (This applies to permanent employees when hired)
4. Make regular inspections of buildings, common areas and grounds, performing repairs as necessary.
5. Complete work orders within 24 hours of being reported.
6. Keep buildings and grounds secure and hazard-free.
7. Answer calls for tenant lock outs.
8. Assist in janitorial work when necessary.
9. Assist in grounds work, such as picking up litter or snow removal, when necessary.
10. Perform necessary maintenance in recently vacated apartments, prior to rental.
12. Be familiar with power, water, and gas shutoffs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers, alarm systems and fire hydrants.
13. Perform snow/ice removal as necessary.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years prior full time maintenance experience.
- Ability to work with Property Manager and janitorial employees, assisting them as needed.
- Ability to communicate well with residents.
- Ability to use common sense and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to maintain valid driver’s license.