Savvy Staffing Solutions is seeking a Mechanical Inspector to join our team! Our partner located in Hopkinton; MA has an immediate opening. Full-time, temp to hire contract, 1st shift Monday-Friday, pay is based off experience ranging from $25-$28 an hour.
After completion of temporary assignment, permanent employees are offered a great benefit package including; Health insurance, Vision, Life insurance, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Time, Holiday Pay, Tuition reimbursement, option to purchase stocks and 401K.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Use and program, with DMIS 4 software, an LK Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM).
- Use Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GDT) drawing requirements.
- Import Solid Models from the engineering design Drafting Group (CREO) to feed CMM program coordinates.
- Perform inspection of in-coming, in-process, and finished product inspection for conformance to quality standards.
- Accurately document inspection, corrective actions taken, process, and other items as required.
- Provide quality leadership, audits, inspections, problem identification and resolution, training, consultation, and technical expertise to manufacturing groups and suppliers.
- Lead and act collaboratively in gathering data, resolving issues, and improving processes.
- Read and work from written instructions; read and interpret blueprints.
- Use both basic and advanced mechanical inspection tools.
- Use technical math to interpret and to analyze complicated drawings, specifications, charts, and tables.
- Exhibit a high degree of responsibility with an emphasis on safety.
- Work effectively either independently or cooperatively as a team-member with co-workers.
- Strong computer skills to enter and to retrieve data in the Quality System; Oracle knowledge is a plus.
- Electronically document information in order to better process issues.
- Proven knowledge of AS9102 First Article Inspection Processes, PAPPS, ISO/TS/AS requirements.
- Follow directions from and communicate with supervisors, technicians, and co-workers, and with persons from outside of the organization in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of basic and advanced mechanical inspection tools.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GDT).
- The ability to comprehend and to train to the standards of such documents as: work instructions, safety rules, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in the English language.