Location : Worcester
Job Type : Temp/Contract
- 2nd shift available
- Responsible for efficient set-up and operation of wide variety of CNC grinders, lathes, and machining centers as well as operation of manual grinders, lathes, and milling machines to produce a variety of finished and semi-finished products.
- Will be relied upon to complete work in an efficient manner and take initiative to move to other area’s in various machining cells where needed without supervisor’s input.
- Must be able to determine appropriate set-ups and operation parameters (speeds, feeds etc.) based on the type of material to be machined and the tolerances desired; and maintain dimensions and tolerances to meet job specifications.
Required Qualifications :
- Must be able to work in a self-inspection environment and be able to meet demands of common LEAN / WCM practices such as data collection, meeting daily output goals, and 5S standards.
- Must be familiar machining various raw and partially finished materials and products, (i.e., metals, resin, aluminum, steels, alloys, and other composite materials/systems and diamond wheels to final requirements, holding tolerances of .0005” or less.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, program readouts, and technical directives to determine and obtain materials and cutting tools for the job and to visualize the finished part and critical surfaces, dimensions, and tolerances.
- Must know, understand and follow common machine shop safety practices as well as those outlined by SGA.
- Able to handle multiple and diverse tasks with minimum or no supervision; willingness to be flexible with job responsibilities and working hours.
- Able to complete assignments without guidance on methods, procedures, or techniques, and work is reviewed for compliance with general guidelines and results achieved.
- Practice safe work habits, maintain equipment and work areas in a 5S environment.
- Able to read and understand verbal and written instructions and possess good communication skills.
- Supports World Class Manufacturing activities including autonomous work teams.
- Primary Task will involve operation of CNC lathes and grinders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of 2 years precision machining experience. Trade school experience or an equivalent apprenticeship program.
- Requires at least 4-6 months' work experience to become proficient in most phases of the job to work independently.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS – Factory environment requires use of various PPE
- Use of personal protection equipment and very good housekeeping is mandatory.
- Ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Frequent standing, walking, and hand / finger use required.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Occasionally exposed to heat, fumes, airborne dust, cutting fluids, oils and metal chips.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Computer Skills English comprehension Machine Operator Material Handler Math Skills Set-up