Quality Control Tech*
The Quality Assurance Manager will assign Quality Control Technician the following job functions. When performing these job functions, Quality Control Technician’s responsibilities are as follows:
Syrup and Finished Product Testing:
· Perform testing of a control drink on Syrup.
· Perform CO2 tests.
· Perform Brix tests.
· Perform T.A. tests.
· Perform Air tests.
· Perform can weight tests.
· Ensure that proper can code is being used.
· Perform any other quality control testing as deemed necessary.
Water System Testing:
· Perform Alkalinity tests.
· Perform Chlorine tests.
· Perform Chemical Feed Rate tests.
· Perform Flocc Chamber PH tests.
· Perform Sludge level tests.
· Perform Carbon Tower Clarity tests.
· Monitor the backwashing of the sand fillers.
· Backwash the carbon towers.
· Recharge the lime and ferric tanks.
· Monitor the sludge reclaim tank.
Mixing Batches of Concentrate:
· Transport concentrate to the batching area and document codes on the concentrate package.
· Adhere to formula batching specifications of syrup preparation.
· Ensure proper raw concentrate stock rotation.
Syrup Room Sanitation:
· Sanitize batch tanks.
· Sanitize flavor storage tanks.
· Sanitize sugar storage tanks.
· Sanitize pumps and lines.
· Document the date and time of sanitation.
Miscellaneous Quality Control Functions:
· Receive and inventory raw concentrate deliveries
· Place concentrate in its predetermined location.
· Receive and test sugar.
· Change carbon in carbon towers.
· Replace UV lights.
· Change filters in the polishers.
· Clean, paint, and perform minor repairs associated with the Quality Control Department.
Safe operation of equipment and adherence to all company safety policies and procedures.
All other tasks assigned by Supervision.