Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Performs In-Process and occasional First Piece Inspections with measurement equipment to assure full compliance with customer’s specifications.
2. Completes inspection reports including logging (computerized) dimensional readings.
3. Determines acceptance or rejection of product working from drawings, customer documentation, or established operating procedures.
4. Reviews supplier certifications for material, heat treat, etc. to assure that they are in full compliance with customer’s specifications.
5. Evaluates and initially process nonconforming materials.
6. Maintains the insert inventory.
7. Record mold temperatures (one department).
8. Works independently with minimal supervision.
9. Works with departmental and company employees as to information gathering and resolving issues.
10. Ensures that quality policies and procedures are understood and followed.
11. Cross-trains other Quality Inspectors.
12. Other duties and special projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Competent in blueprint reading and GD&T.
2. Competent with calipers, micrometers, height gages, and CMM.
3. Must possess considerable mental effort and visual acuity.
4. Competent with Word and Excel.
5. Able to perform basic math.
6. Proficient in English.
7. Ability to multitask
8. Read and understand detailed drawings of plastic and metal components.
9. Skilled ability in the use of measuring instruments and gauges, measuring devices of a specialized nature, and surface plate layout ability preferred. The inspector will perform detailed inspections of complicated parts.
10. Capable of inspecting high grade work within very close tolerances and exercising good judgement.
11. Comprehension and measurement of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing features preferred.
12. Knowledgeable in measuring equipment
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and peers.