Location : Worcester, MA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 1st shift
Savvy Staffing Solution is seeking an experienced Senior Quality Inspector for our client based out of Worcester, MA.
1st shift Monday-Friday 7a-3:30p
Pay based on experience $20.00 - $24.00
Position: Senior Quality Inspector
- Evaluate and report Quality Control inspection and test results.
- Analyze and interpret blueprints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, and work for conformance to specifications.
- Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
- Observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications and make or order necessary process or assembly adjustments.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Collect or select samples for testing.
- Check arriving materials to ensure that they match purchase orders and submit discrepancy reports when problems are found.
- Read dials and meters to verify that equipment is functioning at specified levels.
- Clean, maintain, repair, and calibrate measuring instruments and test equipment such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, and height gauges.
Required Qualifications :
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a quality inspector
- Ability to learn and work with specialized inspection equipment (i.e.CMM, comparator, etc
- Proficient working with inspection tools: microscope, magnifier.
- Able to work with effectively little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to understand and execute First Article Inspections to meet requirements.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Meticulous record-keeping and tremendous attention to detail
- Knowledge of ISO compliance & certification procedures and processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Establish and maintain a safe work environment following OSHA regulations.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to stay organized, and multi-task.
Blueprints calipers Drop Indicator ISO Machine Operator micrometer Set-up setup solid works solidworks Tooling