Seeking Machine Operators!
Savvy Staffing Solutions is currently seeking Machine Operators for a company in Westboro, MA.
Machine operator position will safely and efficiently produce flexible film packaging to meet customer product specifications. Assist other team members in setting up and operating thermoplastic extruders and associated production equipment to convert plastic resins into blown film for flexible plastic sheeting and tubing.
2nd shift 2PM-10PM
3rd shift 10PM-6AM
Periodically observe and check finished film coming off the production lines. Report findings to Supervisor, and work with them to immediately resolve cause of defect.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform a variety of duties related to the safe and successful operation of a blown film extruder and auxiliary equipment.
• Work with experienced technicians to become knowledgeable in and proficient at set-ups, changeovers and other general extrusion functions.
• Use job specification sheets to determine correct film width, gauge and treat level.
• Ensure quality of film and raw materials meets and exceeds customer and company standards.
• Once trained, safely operate fork trucks, tilt locks, overhead cranes and basic hand tools as necessary.
• Maintain clean, orderly and safe conditions around work areas and equipment.
• Perform other related duties as required or directed by management. Must be able to work overtime beyond your normal work week. Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required. Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
• Minimum of a high school diploma, or equivalent
• Proficiency in reading, writing, and basic math
• Must be able to read a ruler and measure in US standards
• Equivalent job experience in a manufacturing environment is desired
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel both in writing and verbally
• Must be legal to work in the US