Full time, temp to hire Supervisor position on 3rd shift located in Lancaster, MA
Pay rate between $18.50-$20.50
A Shift Supervisor has confidence in providing department leadership to the team. He/she should have technical experience in molding. Strong troubleshooting & technical ability is required in order to maintain on time delivery and quality requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assigns operators to workstations
- Runs machines per priority list
- Ensures all company policies are followed. Works with HR to resolve issues
- Ensures that all routing tickets and scrap counts are accurate
- Responsible for accurate production numbers
- Works closely with QA to resolve problems
- Trains operators, ensures that training SOP’s are understood and signed
- Maintains a safe and clean workplace
- Maintains communication between shifts, documents shift notes in the molding logbook
- Cleans equipment
- Stages material, fill hoppers, empty grinders as needed
- Gives breaks
- Performs routine start-ups, color changes, purges machines as needed
- Gives yearly reviews to direct reports
- Ensures that established standards are achieved, ie; Machine cycles, WIP work
- Adheres to ISO policies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to learn a variety of jobs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal & written)
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Basic computer skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.