Savvy Staffing Solutions is seeking Welders to join on our team! Positions available on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift in the Worcester County, MA area. Pay ranging from $18-$25 depending on experience.
Perform hand-welding operations in all positions for mechanical strength and high pressure on a wide variety of assemblies and products. By using fixtures, blocking, clamping or holding, align parts to exacting tolerances. Operate machine, regulate current and voltage for proper fusion of metals, pressures and flow of gas. Secure welds of maximum strength with minimum of distortion.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Follow all safety procedures and always work in a safe manner.
2. Receive work assignments and make sure that the necessary supplies, materials, templates, tools, etc. are available to perform the work.
3. Set up the work area and perform the welding operations in the appropriate sequence, ensuring the proper positioning of materials as to location, side, left-right, etc. Finish grind welds as necessary.
4. Check the quality of the materials being welded, and the quality of the finished welds and assemblies.
5. Alert supervision to any problems.
6. Follow all safety and health rules as established by the company and perform the job with sufficient care so as to prevent injury to oneself and to others.
7. Immediately report accidents, incidents, or unsafe conditions to supervision.
8. Swipe a time card for the proper recording of time worked and production time measurement.
9. Provide training and familiarization to other employees as required.
Keep the work area neat and orderly and perform other departmental duties as required.
Submit your resume for consideration or apply in person at our Worcester office located at 45 Linden St. Applications are accepted 8:30am-4:00pm Monday-Friday. For more information, please call 508-799-7171 to speak with a recruiter about this position.